As well as an extension of congratulations, we at Andover usually send out a letter to mothers notifying them of our post-natal checks – between 6-8 weeks post-delivery, we aim to see both mother and baby at the practice to carry out a post-natal health check.
For mothers – As part of a post-natal health check, we offer both contraceptive advice and the option of coil insertions, which can be carried out at the surgery should you wish to opt for this service.
For baby – We offer a child health surveillance check as well as a full course of childhood immunisations. The immunisations will need to be administered periodically, with the first set of immunisations being due at 8 weeks old. Below we have outlined the childhood immunisation schedule – this reflects the immunisations baby is eligible for during the first year of life – we have also outlined when you should call to book them in.
- 8 weeks old – Please call when baby is 6 weeks old to book an appointment with our Nurse
- 12 weeks old – Please call when baby is 10 weeks old to book an appointment with our Nurse
- 16 weeks old – Please call when baby is 14 weeks old to book an appointment with our Nurse
- One year old – Please call at 2 weeks before baby’s 1st birthday to book an appointment with our Nurse
- Please ensure baby is registered with us ASAP
- if you were diagnosed with gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, you will also need a blood test. This can be requested from the GP during your post-natal check.